Mai's Current Faves
Dax and I want to apologize for the lack of blog posts the last couple of weeks. Dax is currently traveling, and I had some family issues that kind of interrupted my daily routine for a few days, but I’m back!
I asked what post everyone would like from me for this week, and between a “Current Favorites” and a product review, a ton of you wanted a current faves from me - so here it is!
I just want to mention that this is only 5 products that I’ve been loving lately, but there are a ton more that I could have listed as well. These are just ones that I find myself reaching for more often than not.
ANYWAY, let’s just get into it!
1. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water - If any of you have tried this, I’m sure you understand why this is taking the #1 spot on my list. I use this on an almost daily basis - I can’t get enough! This is so simple to use, and virtually removes ALL makeup / dirt / impurities that are on my skin in no time. It’s gentle, never irritates my skin, and also leaves my face feeling hydrated and cleansed. No weird residue left behind! I can’t think of a single con with this product. I absolutely adore it.
2. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - This had been on my wishlist long before I ever received it, and as soon as I tried it for the first time, I was hooked. I love all of Sol de Janeiro’s body products, but this one is definitely the standout for me. This body cream absorbs into the skin almost immediately, and it makes my body feel smooth and hydrated (without any weird lotion residue left behind - thank god). The incredible scent of this lasts ALL day, and there’s even a gorgeous subtle luminosity included as well, which looks gorgeous once applied.
3. Kristen Ess Hair Water - This has been a holy grail product of mine for MONTHS. Before I shaved my head awhile back, this product was a staple of mine for the perfect slicked back bun / pony. Now that my hair is in the growing back process, I’ve found that this product is useful even now! I love to use this to just refresh and revive my hair before leaving home, and it smells incredible which is an added plus. I absolutely adore Kristen Ess and will continue to repurchase this no matter the length of my hair!
4. Chanel Lip Balm and Powder Duo (Shade 415 Rosso Parthenope) - I’ve been raving about this since the day I bought it. This product is beautiful and multi-functional, which I love. Aside from using this on my lips, I also love using the powder (which is the most perfect shade, might I add) on my eyes and cheeks, and the balm can be used as a super dewy highlight on minimal makeup days as well! So cute, so much use. And it’s Chanel. Need I say more?
BONUS: Because I couldn’t not talk about this product, but also wanted to keep this post short and sweet.
5. Omorovicza Cleansing Foam - I’m not one for foam cleansers, I’m always wary of them because the ones I’ve used in the past have severely dried my skin out, BUT when Omorovicza sent this one to me, I caved in and gave it a try. I’m so glad I did because I have fallen in love! This hasn’t dried my skin out at all. It leaves me with a nice, squeaky clean feeling complexion - which I love. Omorovicza claims that this cleanser is great for any skin type and will visibly minimize pores and balances oil. I don’t have large pores, so I can’t really tell any sort of difference there, BUT I definitely think that it’s helped with any excess oil on my skin. I love using this cleanser in the morning when I wake up, and a little goes a long way. A+ from me!
Here’s a small handful of my current favorite products. Once again, I have more that I could speak about, but we’d be here forever lol. I hope you’ve enjoyed, and I’ll see you here next week!
currently listening to: i spend too much time in my room - THE BAND CAMINO